Hariring Peuting

edisi Petualangan Si Joe, menggapai langit-langit mimpi.

Monday, March 21, 2005

My Fedora 'MacOSX' Core 3

Its been a long time since I am dreaming about having one of Apple PowerBook or iBook, but unfortunately i can't afford it yet. Better than keep dreaming, i wonder if could setup my acer travelmate that I already installed brand new fedora core 3 with gnome as desktop manager to be Mac OS X look alike.

Of course Its all about desktop themes. so I start googling, typing 'gnome mac osx themes' as keywords. Finally I found aqua-look.org which is providing themes to make your gnome looks like Mac OSX. I have to say thanks to Richard James that provide the themes in his website. I cant hardly wait to install it.
After installed, i try to apply the themes and its work. But I want all become Mac OSx look alike, then i download the login screen, splash screen, icons and gdesklet at gnome-look.org
Now my Fedora Core 3 feels like Mac OSX Jaguar, although the hardware still ordinary PC with Celeron not G4 as i dream on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home